Just got the word that I've won the 2013 Travel Media Excellence Award from Tourism Saskatchewan for a series of articles I wrote on Regina, including "The 24-Hour Royal Canadian Mountie," "Fortuna Restorante Italiano: A New Italian Winner in Regina, SK," "Italian Star Deli, Regina, SK: Authentic Italian Deliciousness," all published on www.realfoodtraveler.com and "Why Regina, SK is Canada's New Foodie Hot Spot" on www.vacay.ca.
Also, won First Place in 2013 Online Culinary Writing at the Northern Lights Awards in New York City, presented by Canadian Tourism Commission.
Bobbie Hasselbring is an award-winning travel and food writer/editor based in Portland, Oregon who specializes in soft adventure, culinary, over 50, and RVing. She was recently named Best American Online Culinary Writer by the Canadian Tourism Commission. She is a finalist for the Excellence in Travel Media Award by Saskatchewan Tourism.
She writes for regional and national travel publications, in-flights, and food publications, including Via, Home & Away, MotorHome, Oregonian, Northwest Travel, Canada, Harbors, Up!, and Style & Beauty, as well as online publications like AOLTravel.com and vacay.ca. She is also the editor of the online travel/food magazine realfoodtraveler.com that celebrates authentic travel and regional and artisan foods.
She is also the "Road Foodie" monthly columnist for MotorHome magazine. She recently won Canada's first Culinary Journalism Award and a Northern Lights Travel Writing Award winner. She’s a member of the Travel Journalists Guild, the and International Food Wine and Travel Writers Association, and Northwest Travel Writers. She serves is on the Planning Committee and serves as faculty for the annual Travel & Words Conference.
Bobbie is the author/co-author of more than a dozen books, including The Chocolate Lover’s Guide to the Pacific Northwest and The Chocolate Lover's Guide Cookbook.
• Travel Media Award of Excellence, Tourism Saskatchewan, 2013.
• First Place Online Culinary Writing, Northern Lights Awards, Canadian Tourism Commission, NYC, 2013.
• “Best Work in Any Medium,” Canada’s first-ever Culinary Journalism Award, Canada Tourism Commission and Food Day Canada, 2012.
• Northern Lights Travel Writing Award for online reporting, Canada Media Marketplace, 2010.
• Gold Award, “Aha! Annual Report,” CASE (Willamette University), 2005.
• Bronze Award for Feature Writing CASE (Willamette University), 2004.
• Bronze Award for Best Magazine, CASE (Willamette University), 2004.
• Silver Award for Feature Writing, CASE (Willamette University), 2003.
• Author’s Silver Star Award, Addicus Publishing, 2002.
• RX Club Award of Excellence, 2001.
• Governor’s Quality Award, “RESULTS,” Multnomah County, 1996.
• American Heart Association Best Magazine Feature Award, 1992 and 1991.