Would you like a small, select group of highly-regarded and well-published travel writers and photographers to visit your destination? Members of the Travel Journalists Guild travel all over the world to produce articles and images that are read and seen by millions. Material produced from a single TJG trip has reached more than 150 million readers, plus hundreds of thousands more through radio, television and cable broadcasts. At the end of each trip, we make a contribution to a local charity of the host’s choice.
What is TJG?
- TJG is a select group of professional travel writers and photographers.
- TJG was formed, not only to take trips so that members can write and photograph destinations for consumer audiences, but also to support major issues concerning the rights of journalists.
- TJG members are in your destination to gather information for articles, Web sites, broadcasts and photographs. If needed, we limit any TJG meetings to one hour per trip.
- TJG does not permit non-member spouses or others to join a TJG trip.
- TJG’s No Clips, No Trips rule means that members must publish from trips in order to travel with us. TJG has strict internal guidelines to determine each person’s eligibility to go on a trip.
- TJG’s Computerized Media Report tracks the outcome of TJG trips. Hosts find this database a useful tool in measuringTJG’s productivity. Since 1987, our combined readership, viewers and listeners number more than 1.5 billion.
- Members’ bios can be found by clicking on “Our Members.”
- TJG’s application process requires a body of work and current publication outlets that meet exacting requirements.
- TJG's ethics rules require that members meet the highest stand